random acts of christmas kindness :: summary

Well … December is over and with it, our Random Acts of Christmas Kindness or RACK.  This year the girls and I made the Christmas season about loving others and in the process, sharing God’s love for others, by performing one RACK each day of Advent.

Here’s an iPhone photo of our mission completed!

As with my handmade Christmas gifts … I didn’t want to make this RACK activity about “blogging” it … I wanted to be truly “present” with each activity and the girls, so instead of bringing my camera and worrying about blogging shots … I’d grab a random iPhone photo when I could.

Some of our activities included in the photos below:

• Taping candy canes to ATM machines around town
  • Bringing the girls riding instructor {and barn manager} hot cocoa and a muffin early one morning
  • Taping quarters to vending and toy machines around town
  • Grocery shopping for the sole purpose of putting it in the “Food for Families” box in the entryway of the store
  • Feeding meters around town {and lots of fun explaining to the girls what “feeding” a meter meant!}
  • Donating 72 stockings with treats, candy and a craft for second graders at a school in need
  • Ringing Salvation Army bells
  • Handing out Starbucks gift cards {$5.00 value each}

Some of our activities without photos:

• Paid past due library fees for 5 people
  • Donated a poinsettia to the girls school
  • Bought and donated toys for “Toys 4 Tots”
  • Brought the girls teachers their favorite Starbucks drinks
  • Brought treats to the employees of our local Post Office branch
  • Purged from the girls personal “library” and donated to a school library in need

Originally, our plan was to hand out flowers at the mall, but the day before this RACK was planned, CJ had his company program and shared with everyone how we were celebrating the Advent season … that they “were about to be RACK’ed” … and had the girls go through and hand out Starbucks cards to everyone.  We had a ton left over, so decided to hand them out at the mall instead of flowers.

I have to tell you … I experienced an incredible surge of emotion and thoughts as we were handing them out.  Either people were so shocked and happy, or people would ignore us, shaking their heads and walking by.  As people were ignoring us … or more significantly, the girls, I made a solemn vow to grab whatever anyone was trying to give me from now on!

The next day, I received this message …

Hi Tracie! Just wanted to share this with you..
Bennett and I were at the mall yesterday
and of course, I was kind-of rushing through
the holiday crowd to pick something up
(wanting to get in and out) and Bennett tugs o
my hand and said, “Mom, did you hear that?
Someone said they have free Starbucks cards.”
Not even turning around, I told him that it
was probably someone wanting you to buy
something, that nothing is ever for free.

Long story short, when I got home and read
your status, I explained to him that he was right
and it was the perfect opportunity to talk about
all the good that people have in them.
So I wanted to thank you for 1. Reminding me
that there is “good” out there, and
2. That I need to slow down and really listen!

I LOVED this note!!  It’s exactly what I experienced from the other side of giving out the cards.  And seriously, what another amazing lesson in how when you do something selflessly to bless others, you end up being blessed yourself!

The girls were watching TV recently and something came on explaining Advent … this particular activity was using candles to countdown Advent.  I took the opportunity to talk about all the different ways people celebrate, and I even reminded them of our activity last year.  When they asked what we’d do next year, I asked what they wanted to do.

Hands down and with excitement they quickly answered, “our kindness activity.”  Yep! just like I always say … it’s far better to give than to receive!

Praying a happy and blessed 2011 for you all!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

UPDATE {11.28.11}
I’ve created a blank RACK’ed activity card … the download can be found in this post.  At the end of the post, you’ll find another link to other downloads.

Thank you … SO much … for the response to this little activity we did last year!  I’m amazed and excited to think how many people will be blessed this year because of it!  If you have a moment, be sure to stop by and let me know how it went for you!  Have fun and be blessed!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This entry was posted in charity, christmas, family photos, girls. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.
  • Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God
    whose ways you may not understand at the time.
    :: Oswald Chambers ::

697 Comments

1. Posted December 19, 2016 at 5:52 am | Permalink

Start giving a boost in your sexual performance

2. Posted December 19, 2016 at 7:15 am | Permalink

Parabéns pelo empenho em colaborar com as pessoas em suas atividades. Eu acredito que isso fortalece o espírito de conquista, fraternidade e peserverança em cada pessoa. Parabéns pela atitude de querer mudar o mundo de uma forma super natural e simples, onde uma pequena parte das pessoas podem sentir essa alegria sendo distribuída por vocês. Como diz a frase: “Não existe um caminho para a felicidade. A felicidade é o caminho. Mahatma Gandhi”

Abraços,
    AGCabral
    Equipe Afiliados Vencendo a Azia Brasil
    AGCabral recently posted..Uso de Aloe Vera para Curar Gastrite, Úlcera e Refluxo

3. Posted December 19, 2016 at 11:38 am | Permalink
  4. Posted December 19, 2016 at 11:40 am | Permalink

Cool, congratulations Beautiful example

5. Posted December 19, 2016 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Good day I am so glad I found your website, I really found you
    by accident, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else,
    Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I
    also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your
    RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
    read much more, Please do keep up the awesome job.
    http://bit.ly/2hBUZfm recently posted..http://bit.ly/2hBUZfm

6. Posted December 19, 2016 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Oi.

7. Posted December 20, 2016 at 7:44 am | Permalink

Big site.

8. Posted December 20, 2016 at 8:20 am | Permalink

Cool, congratulation
    Adriano recently posted..Como Ganhar Dinheiro com YouTube em 2017

9. Posted December 20, 2016 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Congratulations on the action, which can repeat the same in this coming Christmas, humanity thanks.

10. Posted December 21, 2016 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Pogotowie zamkowe Poznan

11. Posted December 23, 2016 at 10:07 am | Permalink
  12. Posted December 25, 2016 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

merry christmas
    lucimar bontemps recently posted..10 Tarefas básicas de SEO para quem acabou de criar um site

13. Posted December 26, 2016 at 9:38 am | Permalink

super cool

14. Posted December 26, 2016 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Tks, great job!

15. Posted December 26, 2016 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Hi, it’s great to read amazing stories. Congratulations to all and happy holidays.

16. Posted December 26, 2016 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

Anúncios Matadores para Facebook Thanks for sharing
    Alexsandro recently posted..GANHAR DINHEIRO COM MINI SITE EM 2017

17. Posted December 26, 2016 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

liked it!
    our plan was to hand out flowers at the mall …… Plano Detox Descubra Como Emagrecer 5kg Em 7 dias

18. Posted December 26, 2016 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Thank you…. Plano Detox Descubra Como Emagrecer 5kg Em 7 dias
    adeilson sampaio recently posted..Revelado qual o melhor tratamento para calvice masculina

19. Posted December 26, 2016 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

Thank you…. acerte na lotofacil

20. Posted December 27, 2016 at 5:17 am | Permalink

Great Job! Congrats

21. Posted December 27, 2016 at 10:06 am | Permalink
  22. Posted December 27, 2016 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the content, I liked it alot.

23. Posted December 27, 2016 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the post!

24. Posted December 27, 2016 at 9:05 pm | Permalink

Great post!

25. Evelin
    Posted December 28, 2016 at 6:25 am | Permalink

Obrigado por compartilhar seus conhecimentos conosco. Também gosto de compartilhar conhecimento, encontrei um artigo que conta como mulheres brasileiras podem trabalhar no conforto do lar como secretária remota. E posteriormente transformando-se em sua própria chefe.http://mudandoavidapramelhor.com.br/trabalhar-em-casa-como-secretaria-remota/

26. Amanda
    Posted December 28, 2016 at 6:37 am | Permalink

Parabéns! Pra quem está em busca do homens dos seus sonhos eu tenho uma dica maravilhosa http://euqueroummarido.com.br/

27. Posted December 28, 2016 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

Thanks for sharing! Good study and good luck! Bye!

28. Posted December 29, 2016 at 10:25 am | Permalink

Thanks for sharing!
    Adriano recently posted..Como Ganhar Dinheiro com YouTube em 2017

29. Posted December 29, 2016 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Thanks

30. Posted December 29, 2016 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Very Good

31. Posted December 30, 2016 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Suas fotos estão lindas, parabéns pelo trabalho. Continue postando.

32. Posted December 30, 2016 at 9:46 am | Permalink

Lindo o seu trabalho! Fiquei encantada, estarei acompanhando seu blogue.
    Valmira recently posted..O que o foco pode fazer por você e pela sua carreira?

33. Posted December 30, 2016 at 9:48 am | Permalink

Lindas fotos, trabalho muito bonito!

34. Posted December 30, 2016 at 10:55 am | Permalink

thanks

35. Posted December 30, 2016 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

Thanks for sharing. Very good! Tks!

36. Posted December 30, 2016 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

Wonderfull. Thanks for sharing
    Software Monografis recently posted..Adeus Rugas – Saiba Como Tirar Rugas Na Testa

37. Posted December 30, 2016 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

GOOD
    lucimar bontemps recently posted..new home! new look! new name!

38. Posted December 31, 2016 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

muito bom parabéns

39. Posted December 31, 2016 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Pessoas com deficiência e outras doenças crônicas têm o direito de comprar um carro novo com isenção de quatro impostos.
    O direito se estende também a familiares que farão o transporte da pessoa deficiente ou adoentada.
    O desconto varia entre 22% e 28% e 30%. Veja quem tem direito ao benefício e quais as regras para fazer a compra do automóvel mais barato.

40. Posted January 1, 2017 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Thanks for sharing

41. Posted January 2, 2017 at 11:35 am | Permalink

very nice!!

42. Posted January 3, 2017 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Parabéns Sensacional Valeu Ai.

43. Posted January 3, 2017 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Sensacional MUito Obrigado!

44. Posted January 4, 2017 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Thank you for sharing!

45. Posted January 4, 2017 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

Tank you…
    vencendo a insônia
    vencendoainsonia@gmail.com
    vencendoainsonia.net/

46. Posted January 4, 2017 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

tank you…
    vencendo a insônia recently posted..Olá, mundo!

47. Posted January 5, 2017 at 4:31 am | Permalink

Beautiful example! Thanks for sharing.

48. Posted January 5, 2017 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Hi the fabulous post,thank you very much…

49. Posted January 7, 2017 at 12:29 am | Permalink

Little surprises make a big difference in people’s lives. May the Christmas spirit not only be summarized on December 25th.

50. Posted January 7, 2017 at 12:56 am | Permalink

Well … well … very well. I believe that Christmas is a special time, but it should also reflect on the other days of the year.
    Robson recently posted..Fórmula do Facebook – Como Obter Lucros Com Facebook